Position: Web Designer
Location: Burton upon Trent
Salary: £22,000-£26,000 dependent upon experience
Employment type: Permanent
About the role
We are looking to recruit an experienced and innovative web designer to join our expanding digital media business. We are looking for a candidate who is both aware and mindful of the latest trends in web design and how these can be adapted to suit our business but is also keen to ensure that the experience of the user remains at the heart of their work.
The successful candidate will work closely with our in-house web developer and in-house design and marketing teams and will ultimately report to our Creative Manager. Working hours will be Monday to Friday 9:00am until 5.30pm with an hour for lunch, extra hours may be required from time to time to ensure deadlines are met.
Duties to include:
- Working with our creative team to launch new websites
- Assist in re-designing, re-working and updating existing sites
- Ensuring all design work is appropriate for mobile use
- Content Marketing – using design skills to provide and deliver interactive and engaging web pages and pieces
- Designing and creating web banners and online advertisements for clients
- From time to time you may be required to design other items to support the team (i.e. trophies, newsletters, logos, other branded items etc.)
- A keen and enthusiastic eye for design
- Minimum 2 years work experience in Web Design
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with Windows
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and manage your own workload
- A good understanding of SEO and how this should be considered at design stage
- Confidence in liaising with other teams and team members within the business
Desirable but not essential skills:
- Experience of designing Apps would be advantageous
- Educated to Degree Level in Design
- Experience with SEMrush would be advantageous
- Familiarity with WordPress sites
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS again advantageous but not essential
- Familiarity with a digital product design platform such as InVision
Our benefits package includes a pension scheme, 28 days of annual leave (including bank holidays) plus Christmas shutdown and access to a secure car park. Office culture is very important to the business and team building activities and social events take place throughout the year.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].