The Jaguar XE redefines the concept of the sports saloon and will be the driver’s car in its class. Its lightweight construction, streamlined styling, luxurious interior and outstanding ride and handling are testament to company founder Sir William Lyons’ vision: ‘The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive’
The rear-drive XE is the only vehicle in its class to use an aluminium-intensive monocoque. This extremely robust yet light structure, together with double wishbone front suspension and an Integral Link rear axle, is fundamental to the XE’s innovative benchmark vehicle dynamics.
Jaguar’s world-leading expertise in aluminium structure engineering enables exceptional fuel consumption and emissions figures: with the new Ingenium diesel engines, the XE can achieve 75mpg and 99g/km CO2 – the most efficient Jaguar ever.
Powered by the supercharged 3.0-litre V6 petrol engine from the acclaimed Jaguar F-TYPE, the XE S is capable of 0-60mph in just 4.9 seconds.
“The XE’s driving behaviour fully matches the promise of its seductive looks, and the emotional appeal is supported by state of-the-art approaches to efficiency, from aerodynamics to the advanced Ingenium engine family.”
Kevin Stride, Vehicle Line Director, Jaguar XE
· The new Jaguar XE: the driver’s car in the global mid-size saloon segment
· Aluminium-intensive monocoque – the first in the class
· Dynamic design, classic rear-drive stance
· Smallest, lightest, stiffest Jaguar saloon
· Most aerodynamic Jaguar ever: Cd 0.26
· Double wishbone and Integral Link suspension for precise handling and a
· High-efficiency 2.0-litre Ingenium diesel: 163PS; 75mpg, 99g/km CO2
· Supercharged 3.0-litre V6: 340PS; 0-60mph: 4.9s
· Six-speed manual and eight-speed automatic transmissions
· Electric power steering delivers benchmark response with CO2 savings of
up to 3 per cent
· Intuitive new InControl Touch infotainment system with 8-inch touchscreen
· World debut of Jaguar All Surface Progress Control: a revolutionary system that maximises low-speed traction in adverse conditions
· Jaguar Drive Control with Eco, Normal, Winter and Dynamic modes
· Stereo camera technology enables autonomous emergency braking, lane departure warning and auto high-beam assist
· Laser head-up display generates high-contrast colour images
· Deployable bonnet delivers enhanced pedestrian protection