The daylong Investing in Mongolia Conference will highlight the recent rise of the Asian country as a global hotspot for minerals, precious metals and coal and ask if its booming mining sector can birth a true market economy.
The conference will showcase presentations from a number of private and publicly traded companies with a well-established footprint in the Mongolian market, including:
– Golomt Bank and its wholly owned financial services firm Golomt Securities
– Leading importer Ulemj
– Road and transportation infrastructure developer Khot
– Commercial real estate investor and developer Mongolia Growth Group
– Erdenes MGL, the largest state-owned mining operation in Mongolia
– Mine-owner Sharyn Gol JSC
– Petroleum importer MT Group
In addition, officials from the Mongolian Embassy and Mongolian Stock Exchange will on be hand to provide macroeconomic perspectives. The conference will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.