Media Sales Executive
Full-time, 9am-5.30pm Mon-Fri
Salary – Negotiable
Location – Burton-upon-Trent (DE14 1LS)
AI Global Media is looking for an experienced Media Sales Executive who has proven experience working in or within the Publishing/Media sector.
This hire will form the start of a new team within AI Global Media, therefore it is essential that applicants have business development, as well as media sales experience. It will be most suited to someone who is looking for an opportunity to develop and ultimately grow and lead a team.
The Media Sales Executive will report directly into our Commercial Director and will be responsible for selling advertising solutions to SMEs and blue-chip companies across our product portfolio of B2B digital magazines and websites. We have brands targeting a broad range of geographies and industries including construction, healthcare, finance and lifestyle.
The candidate must have the will and ability to continuously pursue new sales leads and the confidence to turn cold leads or prospects into new clients. The role will be office based and the main forms of communication will be phone, email and LinkedIn.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a self-starter, have a keen interest in business, a compelling nature, a hunger to identify, chase and close new business and the resilience to handle rejection with a positive outlook. If that sounds like you, please get in touch.
- Establishing long-term mutually beneficial relationships with new and existing clients
- Identifying ways to actively meet advertiser’s needs and grow revenues.
- Discovering and developing new markets in order to increase sales
- Planning and managing sales-specific marketing campaigns
- Developing business processes geared to take clients efficiently through the sales process
- Achieving/exceeding sales targets
- Developing bespoke quotes and proposals
- Training personnel and assisting team members to develop their skills
- Analysing sales figures and writing reports for the senior team
Key qualities and requirements for the role:
- Extensive experience in media sales (min. 5 years)
- Experience in business development
- Excellent self-motivator
- Good business sense
- Good time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Good understanding of marketing principles and processes
- Excellent communication & IT Skills
- A positive attitude
- Strong negotiation skills
- Confident using initiative
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CRM systems
- Our benefits package includes a pension scheme, 20 days of annual leave (no annual leave required for Christmas closure) and access to a secure car park. Office culture is very important to the business and team building activities and social events take place throughout the year.